|History and other stuff
Many of these were originally written for the University of Botswana History Department's unofficial website, www.thuto.org/ubh.
- A report on Afrobarometer Botswana 2005
The Afrobarometer survey covered a range of things, including party support,
language, religion, and opinion on particular issues.
- Statistics on religion in Botswana
Supplement to page on Afrobarometer, with census data
- The Church of England and Establishment
Explanation of the meaning of the "established" status of the Church of England
- World population
Table and figures on world population 1800-1950, by continent
- Elections and governments in 20th century Britain
Includes a table showing the dates of elections, changes of prime minister and party
in government, etc., arranged for ready cross-reference.
- Place names and historical terminology in Botswana
Includes place names liable to confusion (e.g. what is the difference between
"British Bechuanaland" and the "Bechuanaland Protectorate"), historical terminology (e.g. what were "tigers"?) etc.
- The date of the millennium
Explains why the new millennium started in 2001, not 2000, with additional information
- Formatting documents using Style rather than tabs
People often format indented passages by tabs, which causes problems. This
page shows how to format indents by Style rather than tabs.